IHNSC Board of Directors invite responsible, involved youth, ages 16 to 21, to apply to join the Youth Board. Composed of three to five members, the Youth Board will assist staff and board members to promote IHNSC, while learning how to collaborate and work with adults and professional staff to help homeless families in Somerset County.
- Eligible youths must be between the ages of 16 and 21 years of age and be residents of, or attend school in, Somerset County.
- If a board member turns 22 while serving, he/she may be eligible to join the IHNSC Board of Directors.
- Terms are 1 year in length, and appointments can be made on a rolling basis.
- Priority will be given to youth who have volunteered with IHNSC through a school or congregation.
- Interested youth are asked to complete the enclosed application, provide 3 adults references and submit a 250-statement about why they want to serve on the IHNSC Youth Board.
- Youth board will meet quarterly with the Director of Volunteers and a board liaison to discuss policies, issues, fundraising and goals of the organizations.
- Members will bring a youth perspective to promote IHNSC among young adults in the communities and schools in which they are connected.
- Members will assist, as requested, in promoting the work of IHNSC, including events and fundraising, via social media and other methods available, targeted at their school/college, place of work and community
- Member must volunteer a minimum of 4 hours each quarter for IHNSC. Opportunities include Flynn Day Center, host congregations, fundraising events and holiday drives.